Trying to Setup Wireless N wifi repeater using myrepeater.net URL and not able to do so? Don’t worry this the correct article for you. In this article, we will be discussing all the methods that you can use to complete the setup and all the issues that occur while doing the setup.
First of all, let’s understand, what does a wireless n wifi repeater do? What are the functionality and features of this small device? Well, myrepeater is a network expansion device that allows you to extend the wifi signals of your router. It provides life to the dead zones in your house.
When it comes to functionality and features, then a wireless n repeater is very easy to configure. It allows the user to enjoy the seamless connection in the entire house and the user can stream, play online multiplayer games without any lag or buffering issue. It provides stability to the internet signals.
How To Do Setup Using myrepeater.net URL?
Myrepeater.net setup is the default URL for the wireless-n wifi repeater setup. By using this URL the user can do setup and manage the settings of the wifi repeater device. The user can change the operational mode, wifi settings, and many more.
There are mainly two methods that you can use to setup wireless n wifi repeater.
- Manual Method by using a web browser
- WPS Method
The user can complete the setup by performing any method. It depends on you which method you would like to use. Sometimes these methods do not work, it may be because the user is doing some minor mistakes. We will discuss both setup methods and mistakes done by the user in detail so stick with us.
Manual Method By Typing myrepeater.net URL In The Browser
Follow the steps below to complete the setup using web broswer method:
- Plug your wifi repeater into the power outlet and wait for the solid LED on it.
- Use your device and connect your devices such as phone or computer and connect it to the repeater’s default Network Name. (Note: If you are using a computer you can also use an ethernet cable connection from repeater to computer.)
- Now, open the browser on your device, and in the address bar type myrepeater.net or 192.168.10.1 IP address. Click on Enter.
- It will come with a login screen and it will ask you to enter your username and password.
- Enter the username and password for the wifi repeater. The username and password are admin for both.
- Click on Submit.
- Now, it will display the admin panel on the screen. Here, you can see all the options for the myrepeater net.
- You will see two operational modes, Repeater Mode and AP Mode. If you want to set up your repeater as a wifi repeater without an ethernet cable you can select Repeater Mode. If you want to connect as an access point then you can select the AP Mode option.
- Now, it will start scanning the networks available nearby. You need to select the wifi network that you would like to extend.
- Enter the password for the selected Network Name and click on Apply. You can change the name of the wifi repeater if you want.
- Finally, after few seconds your extender will be configured.
What is Repeater Mode?In repeater mode, the wifi repeater connects to the router without any wired connection. It extends the wifi signals without using the cable and the user can enjoy the seamless connection throughout the house.
What is AP Mode?AP stands for Access Point, the wifi repeater uses the cable connection from the router and creates an access point. The access point also provides a wifi connection so that the user can connect his device to the wifi repeater. In this mode, the user can not disconnect the ethernet cable. An ethernet cable should be connected all the time.
Reasons Manual Method Does Not Work By Using myrepeater.net URL
Default Network Name: If the device that you are using for the setup is not connected to the repeater’s default Network Name. Then, you won’t be able to access the myrepeater.net URL, and the setup page will not appear.
Mobile Data is On: If you are using a mobile phone for the setup then make sure your cellular or mobile data will remain turned off. If it is turned on then you will be able to access the setup URL.
Typing Wrong URL or IP Address: Sometimes the user enters the wrong URL or IP address. Make sure you use the correct URL or IP address. The correct URL is myrepeater.net and IP address is 192.168.10.1.
Not Able To Access The myrepeater.net Login Page
If you are facing any issue while accessing the myrepeater.net login page then don’t worry you are not the only one who is facing this issue. As we have discussed above, the most common reason that the user is not able to access the setup URL. If you have tried all the reasons mentioned above and still you are not able to access it.
Then, there is a possibility that your wifi repeater is not getting an IP address. First of all, try to access the default IP 192.168.10.1. If it does not work, then try to use an ethernet cable between the wifi repeater and your computer.
Once you connect an ethernet cable then enter 192.168.10.1 in the address bar and it supposes to come up with a setup page. Still not able to access the setup window? Don’t worry let’s try something different.
Sometimes when we use wired connection, it obtains a diffrent IP other than the default IP. To check which IP has been assigned to the wifi repeater follow the steps below:
- Press Windows + R on the keyboard. It will open a Run box.
- In the Run box type cmd and click on OK.
- You will see a command prompt window. In the cmd window type ipconfig and click on Enter.
- Look for Ethernet Adapter. Under the Ethernet adapter, you will see the default gateway, and in front of that, you will see an IP address. As shown in the image below.
5. Now you can use this IP address and type in the browser and you will get setup page.
Note: You don’t need to use the IP address as shown in the image. It depends, your wifi repeater can obtain any IP address.
WPS Method To Setup Wireless N WiFi Repeater
This is the easiest method to complete the setup. But sometimes WPS does not work due to some reasons. In order to complete the setup with WPS follow the steps below:
- Plug your extender close to the router. Make sure you place your wifi repeater in the same room as your router just for the initial setup after that you can change the location.
- Press the WPS on the router and within 1 minute press the WPS on the wifi repeater as well.
- It will take few seconds to complete the setup.
- Finally, after configuration, you can change the location of your wifi repeater.
Reasons WPS Method Does Not Work
WPS is Disabled: This is the biggest reason that you might not able to complete the setup with the WPS button. Sometimes WPS remains disabled on the router and the user tries to press the WPS on the router and repeater at the end it does not work. If WPS is disabled on the router, it will not be going to work.
Distance: If your wifi repeater is too fat from the router. Then, it does not work. The wifi repeater should be close to the router.
Reboot Router and Modem: Sometimes if WPS does not work then a simple reboot can help to get it done. You can simply reboot your modem and router and after that try the WPS once again.
How to change the Network Name and Password on the wireless n repeater
We need to change the Network Name and Password on the wifi repeater when we have more than one myrepeater net. When we use two wifi repeater then to avoid confliction we need to give them a unique name.
Follow the steps below to change the WiFi Network Name and Password:
- Connect your wireless repeater with your computer by using an ethernet cable.
- Enter myrepeater.net URL or 192.168.10.1 IP address in the browser and press Enter.
- Type Username and Password, the default is admin for both. Click on Submit.
- Select the wifi settings option.
- Type the Network Name and Password that you want to keep and click on Save or Apply.
- Finally, the wifi settings have been changed for the wireless repeater.
How to setup wireless n repeater using iPhone
It’s an easy task to complete the wireless repeater setup with iPhone. Sometimes when the user tries to do the setup, it does work. It might be because the user is not typing the URL correctly or the biggest mistake that the user does is, he doesn’t turn off the mobile data. Always remember, when you are trying to do the setup on the phone then your cellular data has to be turned off, otherwise you won’t be able to access the setup page.
Follow the steps below to complete the setup:
- Open Settings on your iPhone and go to the WiFi settings.
- Connect your iPhone with the default network of your wifi repeater.
- Make sure the mobile data is turned off on your iPhone.
- Now, open a web browser such as Safari on your phone and type myrepeater.net.
- It will take you to the login screen and Username and Password, default is admin for both.
- Select the wifi that you would like to extend and enter the password.
- Finally, your repeater is connected and now you can connect your devices.
Frequently Asked Questions About Wireless N WiFi Repeater
Can I use more than one extender on a same network?
Answer: Yes, you can use multiple extenders on the same network. But you need to make sure you give them a unique network name while doing the setup. If you don’t give them a different name then there will be an IP confliction occur between your extender and none of them will work.
How do I update firmware on the wireless n wifi repeater?
Answer: Actually, you cannot do the firmware update on the wireless n wifi repeater. Because these extenders work on a default firmware version. There are no firmware files that you can download from the website and upload. It just works on the single firmware version. You might get a lot of tutorial blogs to update firmware on wireless n wifi repeater but the truth is you can’t do it.
How do I reset wireless n wifi repeater to factory default settings?
Answer: Unlike other extenders, this wireless n wifi repeater does not have a reset hole so that you can insert a pin or paperclip to reset this. It has a physical button on it. You can press that button and hold it for 10 seconds. It will be reset to the factory default settings.