Rockspace extender is compatible with lots of devices and it works like a charm with all of them. In order to connect your Rockspace extender with the Ring doorbell. You would need to make sure that your extender is already working. Ring doorbell setup does not take a long time if you do it right. So please follow along with the instructions given below.
This article will provide you information on how to connect your ring doorbell to the Rockspace extended WIFI. It does not provide any information on the initial Rockspace extender setup. In order to find information on the Rockspace extender setup, click here.
Before you begin with the setup process of your Rockspace extender with the Ring Doorbell you would need to keep some things in your mind. Let’s discuss everything so you could make a note of all the required information for the Ring Doorbell setup.
Required information for the setup
- Make sure your extender is already connected to the router and has the signal light turned on.
- Rockspace extended WIFI and its password need to be used so make sure you have it handy.
- If your Ring Doorbell was connected previously to another WIFI network please do a factory reset on it.
- Your extender should be placed in a location where your router and ring doorbell would be able to reach it properly.
- Make sure that the battery of your Ring doorbell is charged enough so that you could continue with the setup, if not please charge the battery.
After gathering all of the aforesaid information and placing your extender in an optimal location, you are ready to connect your Rockspace extender with the Ring Doorbell.
Ring Doorbell setup with the Rockspace Extender
Once you have all the required information you can move forward to connect your extender with the Rockspace extender. Ring doorbell setup does not take longer than few minutes. Follow the instructions below to complete the setup process.
- First of all, download the Ring doorbell app from the play store or the app store.
- If this the first time you are opening the ring doorbell app, you would need to create an account and for that click on Setup a Device. If you already have an account click on Login.
- After logging in to the Ring doorbell app click on set up the device.
- On the next screen select the device you would like to set up.
- Now name your ring doorbell as seen on the image below. This will be helpful if you have more than one Ring doorbell in your home.
- The next screen will show you your street address and confirm it on the screen.
- Press and release the orange button on the back of your Ring doorbell.
- After pressing the orange button the light on the front should start spinning white. The white spinning light indicates that your Ring doorbell is in the setup mode.
- Click on the continue button if you see the spinning light on the Ring doorbell.
- The next screen will show you the Ring doorbell WIFI network and you need to connect your smartphone to it.
- After connecting your smartphone to the Ring doorbell WIFI return to the Ring app.
- As soon as you return to the app, it will start scanning WIFI networks near you.
- Select your extended WIFI and type the password for it.
- The light on the Ring doorbell will start blinking blue and it indicates that Ring Doorbell is trying to connect to your Rockspace extender.
- If the light on your ring doorbell flashes blue four times that means your doorbell is successfully set up.
Once the setup of the Rockspace extender with the Ring doorbell is successfully done, it is ready to install. However, you would need to take the help of the user manual that came with the Ring Doorbell but it should not take any longer than few minutes. In order to ensure the optimal connection for your Ring doorbell, your extender should be in a location where it can easily reach your router and the Ring Doorbell.