Rockspace AC2100 is a device that can easily boost the WIFI signals of your existing router to the places where the router is unreachable. In order to get it to connect to your existing router, you can use one of two methods for the Rockspace AC2100 setup. The first method is with the re.rockspace.local and the second method is with the WPS or WIFI Protected Setup.
Overview of Rockspace AC2100 Extender
The Rockspace AC2100 extender can boost WIFI signals more effectively than any other extender using its four inbuilt antennas. Mesh technology of this extender lets you use the same WIFI name for your router and extender. Enjoy seamless connection using its mesh technology.
Four antennas of this extender help boosting your existing routers’ WIFI signals to the farthest places in your home.
The bottom panel of your Rockspace AC2100 has an high speed ethernet port and a factory reset button. Push that reset button with a paperclip to reset to the factory default settings.
LED Behaviour of AC2100 Extender
No Light means that your extender is not turned on.
means extender is powering up or booting up.
means extender is fully powered up.
Solid or Blinking RED states that extender has a corrupted firmware.
No Light states that WPS is not in use.
states that WPS process is in progress.
states that a WPS connection has been established successfully.
No Light states no connection with wireless router.
states that extender has connection to your wireless router.
Red Light states that extender is far from the router.
Note: When the extender has a connection with the router only power and signal lights stay solid. WPS light only lights up for 2 minutes after the setup.
Rockspace AC2100 Setup using re.rockspace.local
Rockspace AC2100 setup with the re.rockspace.local will require an active internet connection. The AC2100 extender should be in close proximity to your router. It should be within 10 feet of your router for the initial setup.
You can follow these instructions on any of your wireless devices such as computer, smartphone, iPad Amazon Kindle, etc. Make sure that your mobile data is turned off if you’re using a smartphone for the initial setup. Follow the instructions below for the Rockspace AC2100 setup using web UI.
- Unbox your extender and check all the contents.
- Plug your extender into the power. It can be plugged into a power strip or surge protector as well.
- Wait for the power LED to turn solid blue.
- Connect your device to the WIFI network.
- Open your web browser on your device.
- Type re.rockspace.local or 192.168.0.254
- Create a login password for your extender on this screen
- Now choose your SSID or wireless network.
- Type your wireless network’s security key or WIFI password.
- On this screen you can choose the name of your extended WIFI or if you do not want to make any changes leave it as it is.
- After typing in the network security key click extend.
- The next screen will let you know if the extender setup was successful or not.
Your extender is now connected to your wireless router and ready to move to your desired location. Plug your extender to a place where you do not get proper WIFI signals from your router.
Rockspace AC2100 setup using WPS
If the web UI method did not work for you or you find it hard and complicated to follow, perhaps you can try to connect your Rockspace AC2100 extender using WPS. Follow the instructions below for the WPS method to connect your extender to the router:
- Plug your extender to a power outlet.
- Your extender should be within 10 feet of your existing wireless router.
- Check if your router supports WPS.
- Make sure that WPS is enabled on your wireless router.
- Push the WPS button on your extender.
- Now push the WPS on your wireless router.
- If the WPS light on your extender turns solid blue that means your extender is connected.
- After 30 seconds your extender will get the signal light.
How to factory reset the AC2100 Extender?
Sometimes extender stuck on some step and wouldn’t let you connect you to your existing router. In these scenarios, you should try and reset your extender to the factory default settings so that you could restart the setup process.
Follow the instructions to reset your Rockspace AC2100 to the factory settings:
- Unplug your extender from the power outlet.
- Look for the factory reset button on it you should be able to find it on the bottom panel.
- Plug it back to the power and wait for solid blue on the power.
- Push the reset button for 10 seconds.
- The lights will start blinking and will turn solid after 10-15 seconds.
- Your extender is now reset to the factory default and you can go ahead with the setup instructions.
Well done, you’ve now had rockspace ac1200 extender reset to the factory default. You can go ahead and set up your extender using the aforesaid steps. Make sure that your extender stays within the range of your router for the initial setup. Once the setup is done you can unplug your extender and move it to your desired location