Rockspace AC1200 setup extender is a compact device that can easily work in small places and extend the range of your existing WIFI. Setup your rockspace AC1200 with your existing router within 5 minutes. Use a device of your choice such as a smartphone, a computer to set up your extender.
The first thing to do is to know about your Rockspace AC1200 extender so that setting it up will be a breeze. Let’s get to know about your extender together.
Overview of Rockspace AC1200 Extender
The rockspace AC1200 extender can theoritically give you 1200 MBPS of speed to stream your favourite movies without buffering or to play your favourite games online without any laging issues. Rockspace AC1200 setup receives WIFI signals from your existing WIFI router and extends it to your desired location.
The dual-band extender setup can speed up your internet into places where your existing router could not reach to enhance your network performance. The smart LED setup gives you ease to choose the best place to put this extender in your home.
At the bottom of your Rockspace AC1200 extender, you have an ethernet port to connect your computer or gaming console with the cable and a factory reset button. Let’s understand how smart LEDs react in different scenarios.
LED Behaviour of AC1200 Extender
No Light means that your extender is not turned on.
Blinking Blue means the extender is powering up or booting up.
Solid Blue means the extender is fully powered up.
Solid or Blinking RED states that the extender has a corrupted firmware.
No Light states that WPS is not in use.
Blinking Blue states that the WPS process is in progress.
Solid Blue states that a WPS connection has been established successfully.
No Light states no connection with the wireless router.
Solid Blue states that the extender has a connection to your wireless router.
Red Light states that the extender is far from the router.
Note: When the extender has a connection with the router only power and signal lights stay solid. WPS light only lights up for 2 minutes after the setup.
Methods for Rockspace AC1200 extender setup to the router
As we discussed earlier there are several methods to connect your AC1200 extender to the router. More specifically the WPS method and the web UI method. Let’s discuss these methods in detail.
Rockspace AC1200 Setup using Web UI
In order to follow along with the instructions of Rockspace AC1200 setup, you need to make sure that your wireless router is turned on and has an active internet connection. Your extender must be within 10 feet of your wireless router for the first time set up after the initial setup you can move your extender to your desired location.
You can follow these instructions on any of your wireless devices such as computer, smartphone, iPad Amazon Kindle, etc. Make sure that your mobile data is turned off if you’re using a smartphone for the initial setup. Follow the instructions below for the Rockspace AC1200 setup using web UI.
- Plug your extender into a power outlet.
- Make sure that your extender is within 10 feet of your wireless router.
- Wait for the blinking light to turn solid blue.
- Open wireless settings on your device.
- Connect your device with Wifi Network.
- Open your web browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge or Safari.
- Type re.rockspace.local or 192.168.0.254
- Create a login password for your extender on this screen
- Now choose your SSID or wireless network.
- Type your wireless network’s security key or WIFI password.
- On this screen you can choose the name of your extended WIFI or if you do not want to make any changes leave it as it is.
- After typing in the network security key click extend.
- The next screen will let you know if the extender setup was successful or not.
Your extender is now connected to your wireless router and ready to move to your desired location. Plug your extender to a place where you do not get proper WIFI signals from your router.
Rockspace AC1200 setup using WPS
If the web UI method did not work for you or you find it hard and complicated to follow, perhaps you can try to connect your Rockspace AC1200 extender using WPS. Follow the instructions below for the WPS method to connect your extender to the router:
- Plug your extender to a power outlet.
- Your extender should be within 10 feet of your existing wireless router.
- Check if your router supports WPS.
- Make sure that WPS is enabled on your wireless router.
- Push the WPS button on your extender.
- Now push the WPS on your wireless router.
- If the WPS light on your extender turns solid blue that means your extender is connected.
- After 30 seconds your extender will get the signal light.
How to factory reset the AC1200 Extender?
Sometimes extender is stuck on some step and wouldn’t let you connect you to your existing router. In these scenarios, you should try and reset your extender to the factory default settings so that you could restart the setup process.
Follow the instructions to reset your Rockspace AC1200 to the factory settings:
- Unplug your extender from the power outlet.
- Look for the factory reset button on it you should be able to find it on the bottom panel.
- Plug it back to the power and wait for solid blue on the power.
- Push the reset button for 10 seconds.
- The lights will start blinking and will turn solid after 10-15 seconds.
- Your extender is now reset to the factory default and you can go ahead with the setup instructions.
Well done, you’ve now had rock space ac1200 extender reset to the factory default. You can go ahead and set up your extender using the aforesaid steps. Make sure that your extender stays within the range of your router for the initial setup. Once the setup is done you can unplug your extender and move it to your desired location.