Rockspace AC1200 router setup is very easy however sometimes people face some issues with it. In this article, we aim to provide setup instructions for the Rockspace AC1200 router its key features along with some tips and tricks to troubleshoot it.
Rockspace is known to make high-quality products at a reasonable price. Affordability normally means cheap quality products, however, in the case of rockspace they build high-quality products.
Overview of Rockspace AC1200 Router
Rockspace AC1200 Router is capable of handling multiple devices such as a gaming console, smart tv, smartphone, etc. It is ideal to use for streaming and gaming. Rockspace AC1200 Router theoretically can provide 1200 MBPS speed and it works seamlessly with most devices. A Dual-Band router lets you cover more space than you can not cover using any other router. It uses four antennas to amplify WIFI signals throughout your home. The schedule feature helps you choose when would you like to use it and it turns itself off when not in use that increases power saving.
Key Features of Rockspace AC1200 Router
- Design: Rockspace AC1200 router has a sleek and compact design that makes it ideal to use in small places. The small design does not mean less performance it uses the latest technology to amplify WIFI signals throughout your home.
- Dual-Band: Rockspace AC1200 router is a Dual-Band router that people can use for number devices. You can use two WIFI with one router one SSID for 2.4GHz and 5Ghz WIFI.
- Easy Setup: Rockspace AC1200 router is easy to set up is a breeze even for people who do not understand technology. Setup your router using simple steps with the RS WIFI app.
- WIFI Schedule: Setup schedule for the uptime of your Rockspace AC1200 router. It helps you save electricity for a better future.
Rockspace AC1200 Router setup with web UI
Just bought a Rockspace AC1200 router and trying to set it up for the first time. It can be done using a smart device such as a smartphone, computer, iPad, etc. To complete the Rockspace AC2100 using web UI follow along with the instructions down below:
Before you begin with the Setup:
- Make sure that your modem has an active internet connection and plugged in propelry to the power.
- Check everything you got in the box of the router.
- We would suggest you to make a note of the SSID and Password given at the bottom of your router.
- First step is to unlpug your internet modem from the router.
- Now connect an ethernet cable between your Rockspace AC1200 router and your modem.
- Make sure to connect ethernet cable on the WAN port of your Rockspace AC1200.
- It is time to plug your internet modem to the power.
- After plugging in the modem to the power wait for it to turn on.
- Now plug your Rockspace AC1200 router to an power outlet.
- You would need to wait for atleast a minute until your Rockspace AC1200 router is fully booted.
- Make sure to connect your device to rockspace WIFI.
- Open a browser on your computer such as Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge, or Safari.
- In the address bar of your browser type 192.168.0.1.
- Click on Start option to begin the setup process.
- On the next screen choose your connection type.
If you’re using a PPPoE connection make sure to choose PPPoE as the connection type and then type your PPPoE client username and password.
In case your connection type is a dynamic IP address then choose dynamic address.
If your connection type is a static IP address then you would have to type your static IP address after choosing the connection type.
- After choosing the connection a configuration window will appear.
- On this screen choose your SSID and Passsword for the router.
- Next screen will let you choose you admin username and password.
- Now your router is connected and you should be able to see your new wireless network on your devices.
Rockspace AC1200 router setup is now complete and you can now use your devices to it. AC1200 router from Rockspace is a powerful router and it will provide you strong signals throughout your home.
Rockspace AC1200 router setup using RS WIFI app
In case Rockspace AC1200 setup through the web UI sounds a lot of work you can use the RS WIFI app for the setup. You can download the RS WIFI app from the play store or the app store. The RS WIFI app allows users to complete the setup of their newly purchased router with a breeze.
- Connect your smartphone to the Rockspace WIFI. This information could be found at the bottom of your Rockspace AC1200 router.
- Open RS WIFI app.
- On the next screen, tap next.
- The next screen will ask you to create a new SSID and the password for your Rockspace router.
- After creating a new SSID and Password click on OK.
- The Rockspace AC1200 router will reboot once.
- After booting up connect your smartphone to the new SSID.
Rockspace AC1200 router setup process is now completed and you can connect your wireless devices to it. It should be able to amplify your wireless network throughout your home.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How to perform a Factory Reset on the Rockspace AC1200 router?
In order to reset your AC1200 router to the factory settings push the reset button for 10 seconds using a sharp object while the Rockspace AC1200 router is plugged into the power.
- How do I login into the Rockspace Router?
To log in to the router, you would need to type the IP address of your router in the web address bar. It will take you to the router settings where you can change any settings.
- Where do I find the IP address for the Rockspace router?
Rockspace AC1200 router’s default IP address is 192.168.0.1 that can be typed into the browser to log in to the router settings.
- Can I use the RS WIFI app to change the WIFI network name and password?
Yes, you can use the RS WIFI app to change your username and the password for the rockspace router.