Rock Space AX1800 WiFi Range Extender is the newly launched wifi expansion device. What makes Rock Space AX1800 extender unique from other extender models? Well, a new feature has been added which is WiFi 6 Technology. It also uses dual-band and the OneMesh feature. It helps you to extends your wifi coverage throughout your house and delivers a seamless connection with your device.
Why you need Rock Space AX1800 extender?
There could be many possible reasons that you required to use Rock Space extender. Following are the reasons:
- Slow Network – If you have a slow network in your house then AX1800 Extender will connect to the router and strengthen your network.
- WiFi Dead zones in the house – It eliminates the wifi dead zones from the house. In some parts of your house, if you are not getting strong wifi signals. Then, it will help to reach the wifi signals out there.
- Large Home – If you have a big house then it is quite obvious that your router won’t be able to cover your entire home. In this case, you can use the Rock Space AX1800 wifi range extender and it will send wifi signals in every nook and corner of your house.
- Multiple Walls In the House – If your house has a lot of walls in between. Then, the router won’t be able to penetrate the walls and the user will not get wifi signals in every room. Here comes an extender, it can penetrate the walls and allow the user to get the strong wifi signals in the house.
- Multiple Devices – Similar to the router, the user can also connect multiple devices with a rock space AX1800 extender. There are no limitations of the devices you can connect with your extender.
- Need WiFi Signals Outside – Sometimes, the user wants to get the signals outside the house. Let’s suppose if the user wants to connect the garage door opener, security camera, ring doorbell system, and many more. Then in all these cases, wifi signals are required outside the home and the router won’t be able to send strong signals outside. In this case, the user can use the rock space AX1800 extender and connect his outside devices.
What are the benefits of WiFi 6?
It can expands the WiFi band from 80 Mhz to 160 Mhz. It can increase the band-width upto 3 times and create a strong and faster connection from router to the device.
WiFi 6 can reduce the latency as compared to old WiFi 5 technology. Lower latency helps you to enjoy the ultimate gaming experience without annoying lag and an endless video streaming experience without buffering.
It also helps you to reduce power consumption. When the user connects his devices with the extender’s wifi network, it extends the battery life of the connected devices.
How to do Rock Space AX1800 WiFi Range Extender Setup
There are two methods to do Rock Space AX1800 wifi range extender setup. The user can simply do it with WPS and Web User Interface (Web UI). In this article we will discuss about both one by one.
Rock Space AX1800 Extender Setup With WPS
This is the easiest to set up an extender. All you need to do is just press the WPS button on the router and then on the extender. The WPS stands for Wireless Protected Setup.
After pushing the WPS button on both, you need to wait for about a minute and then you suppose to get a solid LED light on 2.4G and 5G. Once you get these lights, then you can plug your extender wherever you want to use it and then connect your device with it.
Rock Space AX1800 WiFi Extender Setup With Web UI
If you want to connect your Rock Space AX1800 extender with web browser setup. Then you need to follow the following steps:
- Plug your extender into the power outlet.
- Connect your computer or device with Rockspace_EXT.
- Now, open the browser and type re.rockspace.local in the browser.
- It will take you to the login screen of your extender and will ask you to create a log-in password.
- Create your login password and click on NEXT.
- Select your wifi network that you would like to extend.
- Enter the password for the wifi network and click on EXTEND.
- It will take some time to apply changes then you can use your extender and connected your devices.
Rock Space AX1800 Extender Oprational Modes
Rock Space extender has three operational modes.
Repeater Mode – In this mode extender connects with the router wirelessly and helps to extend wifi signals. This mode is suitable when you have wifi dead-zone with weak wireless signals.
Access Point Mode – A high-speed ethernet cable runs from the router to the extender. It converts the wired connection into a wireless one.
Bridge Mode – Bridge mode configuration is diables the NAT feature on the router and allows an extender to function as a DHCP server without an IP address conflict.