In today’s digitized world, almost everything is on the internet such as online study, food ordering, online shopping, working from home, and many more. So due to this, the demand for networking devices is rapidly increasing. When we talk about network devices so the first device that we can think of wifi routers. The wifi routers help us to get seamless internet connectivity in the house.
To fulfill this requirement of seamless or uninterrupted internet connection various companies are launching their products with the enhanced and latest technology every day. These businesses are trying to make their product as best as they can. A better router will be capable to provide users seamless connectivity. So that, the user can enjoy his zoom call meetings, online lectures, play video games, and can streaming high-quality videos or movies.
By analyzing all these needs and to fulfill all these requirements. The Rockspace has launched Rock Space AX1800 WiFi 6 Router which is perfect for complete your requirements at three times faster speed. Rock Space AX1800 WiFi router supports the latest WiFi 6 technology which helps this router to deliver strong internet and wifi signals.
Rock Space AX1800 WiFi 6 router reduces the network latency. It has an amazing quad-core processor, due to this AX1800 router can do multiple tasks efficiently. The AX1800 router can send wifi signals in every nook and corner of your house.
Rock Space AX1800 WiFi 6 Router Specifications
- WiFi 6: The WiFi 6 is the latest technology installed in the Rock Space AX1800. It provides faster transmission speed and it also reduces lag as compared to the previous WiFi 5 technology.
- OFDMA: It divides all the channels into small sub-channels which helps to transmit multiple user’s data at the same time. It also reduces the latency for a smoother Wi-Fi experience.
- MU-MIMO: You can connect more users and more devices. When I say more users, it means you can connect up to 128 devices at the same time without compromising the internet speed. The user can watch 4K videos, online multiplayer games and do a lot of things with a seamless connection.
- TWT: TWT (Target Wake-Up Time Technology) reduces the power consumption and consumes less battery of all connected devices. With the help of TWT device only wakes up, when the internet is getting transmitted on the device.
- WPA3: The Rock Space AX1800 WiFi router comes with the latest security encryption WPA3. It makes your network safer and it becomes difficult to crack the password. It increases user privacy in open wifi networks.
- Ports: It has a USB 3.0 port and 4x Gigabit Ethernet ports. You can hardwire your devices for a stronger connection or high internet speed.
- 4 Antennas: AX1800 has four antennas which allow the router to extend the wifi signals evenly in the entire house.
Installation of Rock Space AX1800 WiFi 6 Router
- Power on your new router nad wait for the solid light on power.
- Connect an ethernet cable from the LAN port of your modem to the WAN port of your router. The WAN LED light should be on, on the router.
Once you connect an ethernet cable, still your router is not setup. In order to get the internet on the router, you need to run a setup wizard once.
Rock Space AX1800 WiFi Router Setup Wizard
- First of all, in order to access the setup page you need to connect your device to the router. There are two ways to can connect your device to the router.
1. Connect your wireless device such as your smartphone to the Rock Space router’s default WiFi SSID Name. This name will be printed on the label below your router. There is no password for the default network name.
2. You can also connect ethernet cable from the LAN port of your router to the computer.
- As your device is connected to the router. Now we are ready to perform the setup wizard on it.
- Open a web browser on your device and type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar and press Enter. It will come up with a setup page.
- It will ask you to enter your Username and Password for the router administrative page. You need to enter admin for both.
Note: admin is the default username and password for the router. This is not the wifi password, it is the login password to login to the router’s web management page. You can change it as well, this password will help you to access your router in the future.
- Now, select your region and time zone.
- The router supports two connection types: Dynamic IP Address and Static IP Address. You can select any of them according to your need.
Note: If your connection type is Dymanic IP then you can simply click on Next. But in the case of Static IP, you need to enter your IP address and other information that your ISP provides and click on Next.
- Now, you can set your wifi settings such as WiFi Name and WiFi Password then click on Next. If you want you can also hide your network name or SSID. By hidding the SSID, others won’t be able to see it but you will be able to connect your device by adding network name and password to your device.
Note: To connect your device with hidden network. Use your smart phone and open Settings>WLAN>Add Network. Add or enter the network name that you have hidden for example; MyRockSpace. Also enter the Password as well and you will be connected to the network successfully.
- Finally, your Rock Space AX1800 router has an internet connection. You can connect your devices with WiFi or Ethernet Connection as well. If you want to make any changes to the settings you can log in to the administrative page.
Dual-Band Settings On Rock Space AX1800 WiFi Router
Rock Space AX1800 supports dual-band 2.4Ghz and 5GHz. The diffrence between 2.4GHz and 5GHz is, 2.4GHz covers more area and give you less speed as compared to 5GHz. On the other side, 5GHz gives you more speed but covers less area.
The user can do various changes in dual-band settings. He can change the SSID Name and Password. He can keep the same name for both bands. If the user wants to use to the different password for both network, he can do that as well and vice versa.
Follow the steps below to make changes on dual-band settings:
- Open the browser on your device and type 192.168.1.1 IP address in the address bar of your browser.
- Look for an option Wireless, here you can see a page where you can make changes to the wifi settings according to your choice.
- Here, you can hide the network as well.
- You can customize the network name of your 2.4GHz and 5GHz.
- You can also customize the wifi password.
- After customizing the wifi settings, you will be successfully connected to the router.
LED Status of Rock Space AX1800 Router
- Solid Power Green: The device is ready to configure.
- No Light: The device is not powered on.
- 2.4Ghz Solid Green: The router is connected to a 2.4GHz WiFi network.
- 2.4GHz LED Off: 2.4GHz wifi is not connected.
- Blinking Green On 2.4GHz LED: 2.4GHz wifi is transmitting or receiving the internet or traffic.
- 5Ghz Solid Green: The router is connected to a 5GHz WiFi network.
- 5GHz LED Off: 5GHz wifi is not connected.
- Blinking Green On 5GHz LED: 5GHz wifi is transmitting or receiving the internet or traffic.
- WPS Blinking Green: It means WPS is on and waiting for the client device to connect.
- WPS Off: The WPS is not On.
Description About Ports and Button of Rock Space AX1800 Router
Rock Space AX1800 router has several ports and button on it. Following are the description and detail about the ports and buttons:
- USB: The USB port can be used to connect USB-supported devices. It allows you to connect your printer and external hard drive for network sharing. You can also hardwire your computer by using a USB to Ethernet Connector.
- Reset/WPS Button: Reset – If you hold the reset button for about 8 – 10 seconds then your router will be reset to its factory default settings. WPS – Once you press the WPS button for 2 seconds then it will start establishing the connection between the router and the device that you want to connect. But the client device should be supported WPS functionality.
- LAN Ports: The AX180 has four LAN ports; LAN1, LAN2, LAN3, and LAN4. You can hardwire your computer, printer, gaming devices and other devices that supports ethernet connection.
- WAN Port: The WAN port connects router to the internet. The ethernet cable runs from modem to the WAN port of the AX1800 router.
- Power Port: In the power port, we connect power adapter to give power supply to the router.
Rock Space AX1800 Router Firmware Update
Follow the steps below to update the firmware on the Rock Space AX1800 router:
- Open a web browser and use the 192.168.1.1 IP address to log into the admin panel of the Rock Space AX1800 router.
- Look for Advanced Settings > System Tools > Firmware Upgrade.
- Make sure you download the firmware file for the rock space ax1800 router.
- You will see two to upgrade firmware. You can upload the downloaded file and the system will automatically look for firmware update.
- If you want to upload the firmware file. You need to browse the downloaded file from the computer system.
- Finally, click on Update Firmware and it will take about 3 -4 minutes to upload the firmware file.
- Once the installation will be completed. Then your router will reboot once.
Note: Make sure you do not unplug or press any button on the router while uploading the firmware.
Frequently Asked Questions About Rock Space AX1800 WiFi Router
How do I reset Rock Space AX1800 router?
- Hold the Reset/WPS button for about 10 seconds. It will reset all the settings to factory default.
- It will take about 1 – 2 minutes. Do not press any button or unplug it from the power while resetting the router.
Not able to login to the router’s admin panel.
- Make sure your device is connected to the router’s default network.
- Confirm the IP address that you are typing in the browser. The correct IP address is 192.168.1.1.
- Make sure you use admin for both Username and Password.
Still, you are not able to access the login page. Then, you can connect your computer directly to the router with an ethernet cable. After connecting the cable press Window + R on your keyboard. In the Run box type cmd and click on OK.
It will open a command prompt window for you. Here you need to type ipconfig and press Enter. After typing ipconfig, you need to look for ethernet connection, under ethernet connection you will see the default gateway. In front of the default gateway, you will see an IP address for the router. Use that IP address and you will be able to login to the router successfully.
How can I enable the WPS on the router?
Sometimes when we press the WPS button on the router to connect any device that time WPS did not work. It is because WPS is disabled on the router. In order to make it working or connect any device to it, WPS needs to be enabled.
Follow the steps to enable WPS on the router:
- Login to the web management page of your router by typing 192.168.1.1 in the browser.
- Click on Advanced Settings > Wireless > WPS, enable the WPS, and save the settings.
How to change the network name and password on the router?
- Login to the router by using 192.168.1.1 IP address in the browser.
- Enter your login password.
- Click on Wireless settings.
- Change the network name and password that you want to keep and Click on Save.
How to recover the login password of the router?
There is no way you can recover your password. The only way is to reset your router and start doing the setup once again. You can press the Reset button and hold it for about 10 seconds. Then, the router will be reset to its factory default settings. Then you can reconfigure your router from the begining by using the default IP address 192.168.1.1.