We often find ourselves in a situation where some troubleshooting on our home network is needed. In these types of situations, you have options to completely reset your Rockspace router to the factory defaults or just login to rockspace router page. Resetting the router to the factory defaults may not be an option sometimes because after resetting the router to the factory defaults you would have to set up all of your devices again to the new WIFI.
There are various situations you may find yourself in when login to rockspace router is needed. Let’s discuss all these various situations in depth.
Situations where login to the Rockspace router is a must needed
- Forgot Password: We all are humans and we may forget things that we don’t need to use much often. It happens with WIFI passwords as well because you just have to connect your devices once to your home WIFI and they automatically connect next time. That means we are bound to forget our WIFI passwords.
- Want to change SSID: Sometimes you just want to change SSID or WIFI network name because of whatever reason. In order to change SSID on your rockspace router, you would have to login to your rockspace router.
- Want to change Password: In case you find that your ugly-ass neighbor is using your WIFI and you want to change your WIFI password immediately.
- The reset button is not working: If we abuse the reset button or any button for that matter on our rockspace router, it’s bound to give up. Do not worry if only the reset button is not working you can login to your rockspace router and complete the factory reset from the settings.
- Want to update Firmware: Rockspace releases new firmware for the rockspace routers regularly. If you would like to get the best performance you should update your frequently.
So these are the various situations where you want to login to your rockspace router and want to either update the settings or change them. After discussing the various situations let’s discuss the main thing now.
Steps to login to the Rockspace Router
- Find IP address: So the very first step is to look for the IP address of your Rockspace router. For this purpose, you should check the label on your rockspace router. Normally the default IP address for the rockspace router is 192.168.0.1 however in some cases it could something else.
- Connect Computer to Rockspace: The second step is to connect your computer wirelessly or with an ethernet cable to your router. A direct connection will allow us to log in to the router.
- Type IP address: Type the IP address you found on a web browser. It will allow you to get access to the login screen.
- Type Username and Password: The login screen will ask you to type your username and password for the login. Type your admin username and password that you might have created during the initial setup.
You are now logged in to your rockspace router. You can now change any settings you would like to from this page. In case if you have any other questions related to your router or extender, feel free to ask questions to our experts or check our blog for further troubleshooting.