In order to check the working status of Rock Space extender, you need to make sure that your extender is plugged in and has blue lights on it. There are many scenarios where you might find yourself in a situation when you would like to check if your extender is working or not.
There are 2 methods to check if your extender is working or not
- Check working status through LED’s
- Check working status through Internet Connection
Method 1: Check the working status of Rock Space extender through LED’s
In order to check the working status of Rock space extender through LED’s follow the steps given below.
- Plug your extender to the power and wait for the lights to turn on
- Now check the light status if you see 1 light on the extender that means the extender is not working.
- If you see 2 lights including Power and Signal that means your extender is connected to the router.
- If the signal light turns to Red, it does not mean it is not working. But the connection between router and extender is too far. So, try to move your extender closer and you will get a solid blue light on it.
Method 2: Check status Rock through Internet connection
You can check the working status by checking the Network Name for your extender. Initially, it appears as Rockspace_EXT under wifi connections. Once, it is configured it will come up as your router’s wifi name that will end up with _EXT. For example; YourRouterWiFiName_EXT.
Some products of Rockspace uses Mesh Technology such as Rockspace Mesh WiFi System and Rockspace AC2100 WiFi Extender. Mesh Technology uses one single wifi name for router and extender throughout the house. Mesh technology provides you seamless connectivity. It is ideal for video streaming and gaming. If your extender is using a single wifi name feature, then your devices will automatically switch between the router’s wifi and the extender’s wifi. You don’t need to switch your wifi again and gain.
If you have TP-Link extender, you can do the the setup by clicking here – tplinkrepeater