Want to Connect Rock Space Extender using iPad/Tablet? It is pretty similar when we use a computer to connect the extender. But if you don’t have a computer and you only have an iPad or tablet to use. In this case, you won’t be able to use an ethernet cable.
Because with iPad or tablet we cannot connect ethernet cable. But when we use a computer then we can connect the ethernet cable and we can simply access the setup or login page for the extender.
While using the iPad or tablet user make some minor error because of that the user won’t be able to access the setup login page.
In this article, we will talk about the setup process with New Rock Space as well as the Old Rock Space Extender which you might have used before.
Setup New Rock Space Extender with iPad or Tablet
If your extender is brand new then you can connect Rock Space Extender Using iPad/Tablet by following the basic instructions. But how you can check if your extender is brand new or refubrished? Because sometimes, when we order something there is a possibily that we will get refubrised or used device. So, you need to make you get one solid light on power and check under connection if you are getting Rockspace_EXT network.
Follow the steps below:
- Plug your extender into the power outlet and wait for the solid power light on it.
- Now make sure your tablet or iPad is not connected to any internet source.
- Go to the Settings on your tablet and then WiFi Settings.
- Look for the Rockspace_EXT network and connect your tablet with it.
- As your tablet is connected with the default wifi network. Now you can open a web browser.
- In the address bar, you need to type re.rockspace.local or 192.168.0.254 setup URL.
- It will take you to the login screen. Here you need to create a log in password. It will help you for future login as well.
- Now you need to select the wifi name that you would like to extend.
- After selecting the wifi name, enter the wifi password.
- Finally, click on Extend and your extender is successfully configured.
Setup Old Rock Space Extender with iPad or Tablet
Sometimes we get a refurbished extender in the mail. Sometimes when we change the router or internet service provider then also your extender will be considered as an old extender. What user does, after changing the router and extender. He directly tried to connect his extender by going to the setup URL.
This is completely wrong, you need to understand in this your extender was configured to the previous router and old settings has to be removed form the extender. To remove the old configuration from the extender, the user needs to reset the extender to the factory settings.
Follow the steps to Reset your extender
- Plug your extender into the power.
- Use paperclip and insert it in a reset hole and you need to hold it for about 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds, take out the paperclip from the reset hole.
- It will take some time to be reset completely.
If you are facing any issues while resetting your extender to the factory settings. You can follow the guide – How to Reset Rock Space Extender to factory default settings?
Once you reset your extender to the factory settings. Your extender will be back to its default settings and it will act as a new extender. After that, you can follow the same instructions as mentioned in the Setup New Rock Space Extender with iPad or Tablet section.