Want to connect Firestick with Rock Space Extender and don’t know how to do it? Don’t worry, we have got you covered in this article. In this article, we will talk about each and every issue that the user comes across while setting up the device.
Before we start connecting your Firestick, you need to make sure your Rock Space extender is configured or not. If it is not, then you need to configure it first. You can follow the guide – How to set up Rock Space wifi extender?
The reason why we need to connect Firestick with Rock Space Extender
The most common reason to connect firestick with Rock Space extender is when the firestick does not get enough wifi signals from the router. And while streaming on Smart Tv, the user faces buffering issue.
Because Rock Space extender helps to extend the wifi signals of the router. So if the user is not getting proper wifi signals. Then, he can use the Rock Space wifi extender. So that, he will get a stable connection in the dead zone as well.
Once, the user connects Firestick with the Rock Space extender. He will get a stable connection and won’t be facing any issues related to wifi signals. He will be able to stream without buffering on his Smart Tv.
Steps to configure Firestick with RockSpace Extender
If your firestick was connected to a different network before. Then, you can change the wifi name or you can reset this and start the setup once again.
Change the wifi Name from Old to New:
- Use the firestick remote and select settings.
- Look for Network Settings.
- Under Network Setting, select WiFi settings.
- It will give you a list of the available wifi signals.
- Select the wifi name that you want your firestick to be connected to.
- Enter the wifi password and click on OK.
- That’s it, your firestick is connected to the new network now.
Reset Firestick and Configure it:
You can reset your Amazon Firestick by pressing the combination of two buttons on the remote. For a better understanding look at the image shown below:
As you can see in the image above. You need to press the two buttons for about 10 seconds. After it will ask you for confirmation. Do you want to reset it or not? You need to select YES. Then, it will take a reboot, and then it will take to the setup instruction. After reset, it will act as a new Firestick.
- After rebooting, it will ask you to pair the remote. You need to press the Home button and hold it for few seconds.
- Select your Language and click on Next.
- Now Select the wifi network name of the Rock Space extender.
- Enter the wifi password.
- It will take some time to connect.
Connect New Firestick with Rock Space Extender
- First of all, connect your extender with the TV in an HDMI port. Now use your TV remote and press the Menu button and look HDMI option.
- Once you select the HDMI option, then it will ask you to pair the remote with the TV. To pair remote you need to press the Home button and hold it for about a few seconds.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions. Select the language.
- Select the Network Name for the Rock Space extender
- Enter the wifi password and it will be configured.