As we discussed earlier in other articles that Rockspace extenders are compatible with many devices such as Amazon Alexa, Printers, WIFI cameras and many other devices. It is compatible with Amazon Alexa as well. In order to connect your Amazon Alexa to Rockspace you would need to setup your extender first of all.
If your Rockspace extender is already working and you have 2 solid blue lights on it you are ready to connect your Amazon Alexa to Rockspace extender. However if your extender is not yet connected and you do not see 2 solid blue lights on it, you should go ahead and read this article to follow instructions on, How to setup Rockspace extender?
Preparation before the setup process
There are multiple things that you should keep in mind before you begin with the setup process of your Amazon Alexa to Rockspace extender:
- Make sure that you have an active internet connection.
- Your Rockspace extender should be connected to the router.
- Download the Alexa app before you begin with the setup process.
- Place your extender at a location where your the Amazon Alexa and your existing wireless router can easily reach it.
- Make sure your phone is also connected to the Rockspace WIFI before you begin with setup process.
Once you made note of all the aforementioned things, you should be ready to connect your Amazon Alexa to Rockspace extender.
Steps to connect Amazon Alexa to Rockspace extender
Follow the steps given below to connect your Alexa to your wireless extender.
- Plug your extender to the power and wait for the solid lights to turn on.
- Download the Amazon Alexa app from Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- After downloading the app login or create an account for the app, you can skip this step if you are already logged in.
- After logging into your Amazon account you should go ahead and create a profile for yourself.
- The Alexa app will ask for some permissions to send notifications to your phone, please grant it the permission.
- Plug your Amazon Alexa to the power.
- Once you plug it in the light will start spinning orange on the Alexa.
- Next step is to return to the Alexa app and click on the devices tab at the bottom of the screen.
- On this tab click the plus sign at the upper right hand corner and then choose add device.
- On the next screen click on Amazon Echo then choose the option under the echo smart speaker.
- The app will ask if the orange light on the Alexa is still spinning, click yes if see the spinning light.
- If you do not see the orange light on the Alexa press and hold the action button on your device.
- Back to app, the app is going to search for available echo devices.
- Choose your device if you see it in the list.
- The next screen will ask you to choose your WIFI, select your extended WIFI.
- It will automatically connect your Amazon Alexa to Rockspace extender.
- If it asks for the password, please type if your extended WIFI’s password.
- Once connected the Alexa app will let you choose where you would to place your device in your home.
- After selecting the location, the next screen will ask to enter your address for customized results.
- If you do not want it to use your address, you can skip it.
- Now your Amazon Alexa is connected to Rockspace extender.